Buriram Marathon has 4 race categories
All participants will start at the starting point in Chang International Circuit. The first 4 km they will run around the circuit’s track before heading to the public highway. Turn right at the circuit’s entrance to the Highway No.226 and turn left to a minor road (here you can see the sign of Baan Pru Bu Ma Ka School). Run along the canal’s side and rice fields for approximately 6 km, then turn right to the dam’s road at the 13th km. Then heading to Wat Sawang Sri (17th km) then turn back to the dam’s road again. Through the dam’s side you will get to pass the Non-hunting Area and Wana Nuraksaram’s Dhamma Retreat and then heading to the Highway No.2445.
At the Highway No.2445, turn left and run straight heading to the city. You will pass Kradong Hill (at the 29th km) and i-mobile Stadium.
When you get to the King Rama I Monument, turn right to the Highway No.288 (the 34.3 km) and turn left at the Sangrung’s junction to Soontornthep road. You will run along the ancient moat until you get to Jira road and turn left there. On Jira road, you will run through Buriram’s city passing the Wat Klang – the temple in the monastery, Buriram City Shrine, Buriram Police Station and the old Town Hall.
In front of the Town Hall you will turn left and run to the King Rama I Monument (the 39th km) and head back to the finish line is right in front of Buriram Castle.
All participants will start at the starting point in Chang International Circuit. They will run on the circuit’s track for 1 km before heading to the public highway. Turn right at the circuit’s entrance to the Highway No.226 and turn left to a minor road (here you can see the sign of Baan Pru Bu Ma Ka School). Run along the canal’s side and rice fields for approximately 6 km, then turn right to the dam’s road at the 13th km. Then heading to Wat Sawang Sri (17th km) then turn back to the dam’s road again. Through the dam’s side you will get to pass the Non-hunting Area and Wana Nuraksaram’s Dhamma Retreat and then heading to the Highway No.2445.
At the Highway No.2445, turn left and run straight heading to Buriram United. You will pass Kradong Hill (at the 29th km) and enter into Buriram United. The finish line is right in front of Buriram Castle.
All participants will start at the starting point in Chang International Circuit. The first 4 km they will run around the circuit’s track before heading to to the public highway. Turn left at the circuit’s entrance to the Highway No.226 and head to the Patara’s junction. When you get to Patara’s junction, turn left to Highway No.2445 and enter into Buriram United. The finish line is right in front of Buriram Castle.
All participants will start at the starting point in Chang International Circuit. They will run on the circuit’s track for about 2 km before heading to i-mobile Stadium and finish right in front of Buriram Castle.
- Buriram Marathon Age Group is divided by gender (for Marathon, Half-Marathon and Mini-Marathon). There is no age-restriction for Fun run.
Age group calculated from birth year to Race year.
Start Time and Time Limit
- The registered participant will receive the BIB with timing chip (except Fun Run), Goodie Bag. And when they reach to the finish line in time they will receive the medal. Marathon and Half-Marathon runners will receive the finisher t-shirt.
60 years old and over participants will get 50% registration fee discounted.
70 years old and over participants will get to join us for free!
Age group calculated from birth year to Race year.
- Registration online will be opened on 13th September, 2018 Registration open 8:00 am. (Only for 2017 or 2018 runners.) and Saturday 15th September 2018 at 8.00 a.m. (for all runners) The registration will be closed when we reached the maximum capacity.
- ID card or passport
- Email (you can use others email in case you do not have your own one)
- Name and family name both English and Thai
- Birth day (AC)
- Mobile or Tel
- BIB size (XS for 34”, S for 36”, M for 38”, L for 40”, XL for 42″, XXL for 44″ and XXXL for 46”)
- Your estimated running time (HH:MM)
- How many time you have joined the race in this distance?
- BIB collection method (By post or Expo)
- Emergency contact person
- Emergency contact number
- Team Name
- Health concerns / Blood group
The regulations of the event that all candidates must accept and comply are elucidated as per below:
- The event will comply with all domestic laws and regulations.
- The race rules, race regulations and entry regulations are also embraced.
- The organizer SHALL NOT take responsibilities of any damages caused by the following determinants:
- a.Illness or accidents (Physicians, nurses, volunteers, and staff are prepared in case of emergencies)
- b.Loss or damages of personal property.
- c.Uncontrollable delays of the race.
- To ensure the security of the event, the organizer will set up the management along with suitable regulations over the race area.
- Runners are required to reach the race venue at least one hour before to the start. The gate closes 15 minutes prior to start time.
- Runners are required to follow the instructions of the organizer and referees strictly, otherwise they might be disqualified from the race.
- Runners must check and pay attention to announcements from the organizer both before and during the race.
- Photos, video/voices records, articles, and race statistics are all reserved under the right of the organizer. They are possibly publicized and broadcasted to media such as newspapers, the internet, TVs, magazines, ect. Runners can make use of their photos, video/voices records without permission. However, all photos and video/voices records of the event as well as the race are absolutely prohibited for commercial exploitation.
- The organizer gives precedence to the privacy and the security of candidates’ personal information, and will manage it carefully
The organizer does not allow runners to run on the race course if they break the rules, laws, and relevant orders. In case participants do not follow these disciplines, they might be disqualified or forbidden to join the race.
- Runners must arrive at the start line before the time, according to their registered distance.
- Runners must enter the release block following expected time groups identified when registering. The block code will be shown on bib number. If runners do not follow this instruction, it shall be considered as violating the rules.
- Runners must start running according to their registered start time. Starting after 15 minutes shall be considered violating the rules, and participants shall be disqualified from the race.
- Bib numbers must be adhered to runners’ chests so that they can be seen clearly. Runners without bib numbers presented are not allowed.
- Runners must run along the race course (following the arrows, ribbons, and signs/direction symbols). Do not use shortcuts.
- Assistance to runners can be done at water station only. Runners are not allowed to have followers or assistance on course.
- Do not dress or carry any devices that can harm other runners.
- Do not dress inappropriately as it might cause uncomfortable feelings to other runners or spectators. Impolite or obscene outfits; showing political attitudes; disparaging religions or beliefs; advertising products; or disseminating propagandas, for instance.
- Do not use equipment/devices or sounds that make others misunderstood that they starting
- Do not perform any actions that bring about delays of the race or obstruct runners to reach the finish line.
- Stop or give a way to emergency vehicles or staff.
- Follow instructions of referree and marshall strictly.
- The judgment of the race is grounded on Gun Time System (Time from the center clock of the race) following the rank signs distributed by referee. Electronic chips are used for timing and examining passing of check points.
- Runners receiving awards must present their ID cards, any official cards issued by government agencies with id numbers and photos, or passports in order to obtain awards before deadlines; otherwise, they shall be disqualified from the receipt of awards.
- Other unidentified rules shall refer to those regulated by A.A.T.
- The judge’s opinion is considered final.
The organizer might reject or cancel the registration of candidates who do not read and disragard the event requlationsas well as the race requlations with no refund. The organizer also reserves the right to take their registration of the future races into consideration.
- Each candidate can register only one application. The use of others’ names and personal information on behalf of candidates themselves is also prohibited.
- Any false information or document forgery for the registration is absolutely prohibited.
- Candidates are not allowed to edit/revise registration information after confirmation. Therefore, please check the information thoroughly.
- Some types of computers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, and their operating systems might cause errors to candidates’ registration. The organizer is unable to be responsible for functions of all devices and shall not be accountable for any delays arisen from internet connections that may occur .
- The organizer will not take responsibilities for incorrect emails and non-receipt of email concerning e-sampling results. It is the duty of candidates to check their inboxes or the website.
- As there are a large number of candidates, the organizer is unable to answer individuals about the status or results of the registration.
- Selected candidates from e-sampling must settle the payment of the registration within the deadline, otherwise they shall be deemed as waiving the right to join the race.
- Candidates who grant their right to others as their representatives will be disqualified from the registration next year. And candidates who use running numbers of others do not have the right to get awards.
- To authorize others to pick-up race kit on behalf of candidates themselves, ID card copies/passport copies of subjected candidates must be presented. ID Numbers or Passport Numbers in those official documents must match the registered ones.
- Norace kit pick up on race day.
- ent of the race due to uncontrollable factors or disasters. The organizer reserves the right not to refund registration fees in case of cancellation or adjornment
Waiver and Release Statement
This waiver and release statement certifies that I am medically fit to compete in the event and fully understand that I enter at my own risk. The organizer will not be held responsible for any injury, illness or loss, during or as a result of the event. Further, I consent to the Organizing Committee recording this competitive event through photography and film, and that the Committee is the sole owner of the copyright to those pictures and films. I, hereby, agree that in case that this event is cancelled in whole or in part due to inclement weather or other conditions, my entry fee shall not be refunded.
- Expo Day : 9th Feb 2019, Buriram Castle
- Document needed for race pack collection
- Bib Number (check your bib)
- ID Card or Passport
- Pick up rack pack for others: You need their copy of ID card or Passport
- Mailing race pack via EMS will be done within January 2019